Day 6 - Sayer

 Day 6 was a day spent making a lot of progress on the shelf. The primary thing that was done for the majority of day 6 was rabbet adjustment. A lot of my rabbets were mediocre at best and needed to be trimmed down to size. After a lot of sanding and utilization of the router table, my rabbets were fixed. After that, I needed to use the router table for something else. So my shelf was designed to have a 1/8" backing, so we needed to cut out a hole to fit that backing into. the router table would allow me to cut a rabbet into the wood so I could fit the backing on there.

However as it just so happens my brain is small and I am stupid, so I cut on the wrong side. This major mistake was noticed by Mr Grisbee and I a few seconds after it was done, we decided it might just be better to saw off that little chunk that I did and shorten the shelf by 1/8". This was relatively easy to do so we did it. After that came lunch.

Once lunch ended it came to the ultimate final act of the day, glueing the shelf together properly. This was a four-man job and took the whole A-term helping in order to complete it. After a few minutes of very panicked unsupervised glueing and clamping, we had the shelf together. It looked good, I made a shelf! I was quite excited to get this project done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4 - Sutton

Day 8 - Catherine